Magic effects of ingredients

General project talk
spineinside
SHotN Jarl of Assets

Magic effects of ingredients

Post by spineinside »

I am just overly inquisitive about magical effects of created potions using our ingredients and I'm about to ask how the current properties has been chosen. Do you guys commit your choices to lore or are these effects set with a special pattern?

I mean I was expecting much simpler effects for common plants than Jump or Night Eye, Invisibility etc, and save them for more magical or rare ingredients. There is lack of Resist Common Disease effect If I remember correctly and no Shock resist/damage/shield. What about absorption?

I also would take around 25% of Restoration/Mysticism effects and change them for Drain/ Damage - very Morrowind friendly.

I know some changes cannot be done due to similarities between other provinces (apple, carrot etc...)

Maybe it's just me and my perversion with alchemy systems so there is no need to be bothered as much as i am :D I just think that with several changes in this field game would be more curious and challenging for more players. Just tell me what you think.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

spineinside wrote:I am just overly inquisitive about magical effects of created potions using our ingredients and I'm about to ask how the current properties has been chosen. Do you guys commit your choices to lore or are these effects set with a special pattern?

I mean I was expecting much simpler effects for common plants than Jump or Night Eye, Invisibility etc, and save them for more magical or rare ingredients. There is lack of Resist Common Disease effect If I remember correctly and no Shock resist/damage/shield. What about absorption?

I also would take around 25% of Restoration/Mysticism effects and change them for Drain/ Damage - very Morrowind friendly.

I know some changes cannot be done due to similarities between other provinces (apple, carrot etc...)

Maybe it's just me and my perversion with alchemy systems so there is no need to be bothered as much as i am :D I just think that with several changes in this field game would be more curious and challenging for more players. Just tell me what you think.
The effects of our ingredients have always seemed a bit awkward to me. Some effects are adapted to how they are in TR_Data, though. But we're going to merge these resources soon and it would offer the chance of dealing with those ingredients. I'm thinking of the ores, in particular, that have some rather weird effects to them.

There is also one book by Luxray referring to some ingredient effects in their current state:
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “SHotN General Discussion”