Goals for 2015

General project talk
Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

SGMonkey wrote:Apologies, you are right. That forum is only for promoted modders.

Perhaps we should have a general forum under the public category for each project.
This was one of the reasons I asked you to put the "L:AZ General Discussion" in the public forum on mine. Just seemed to make more sense to me to allow the public to have the general discussion. Of course, I don't believe I have any "Promoted Modder" restrictions in my forum which is just the way I need it for my project.

berry
PT Modder

Post by berry »

Melchior Dahrk wrote:Neat. I thought that might be the case. The elegant thing about that is that they won't show up in game either so you don't necessarily have to remove them. Very clever. If I wasn't the only one working on exteriors in Lyithdonea - and therefore already know where all the nooks and crannies are - I would definitely have to steal that idea. I'll be keeping it in my back pocket though. ;)
Sadly, they are visible (pic), heck, they even have collision :D I haven't examined it any further, but I believe their nifs aren't set as markers, and the game rendering them invisible is somehow hardcoded. Using actual NorthMarker statics might do the trick, but I haven't tried it afraid that some bizarre stuff might result in the outcome.

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

berry wrote:Sadly, they are visible (pic), heck, they even have collision :D I haven't examined it any further, but I believe their nifs aren't set as markers, and the game rendering them invisible is somehow hardcoded. Using actual NorthMarker statics might do the trick, but I haven't tried it afraid that some bizarre stuff might result in the outcome.
I haven't tested it out much, but I believe that you need to add extra data to the NIF with a value of MRK to make a new type of marker; take a look at "editormarker_box_01".

Not
Forumite

Post by Not »

This is just a test

Melchior Dahrk
Lyithdonea Admin

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

No, it's Not.

... I'll show myself out now.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Yeti wrote:1. Release Karthwasten (complete remaining interiors, add all NPcs, finish writing dialogue).

2. Finalize a development map for The Reach that follows a cell grid and includes roads, settlements (with final names) and dungeons.

3. Begin serious work on our next major settlement - currently slated as Dragonstar.

4. Review the Skyrim Exterior file and plan alterations (where to add roads, what settlements to alter, and anything else to make our game world seamless, logical and consistent).

5. Begin work on quests.

-waiting for feedback to expand and finalize-
Three out of five ain't half bad. I do hope we can finally release Karthwasten this year.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

Yes, we've made decent progress all things considered. I didn't realize how busy I would end up in the second half of 2015.

Return to “SHotN General Discussion”