Permission Request from the Andoran project

General project talk
Anruin
Forumite

Permission Request from the Andoran project

Post by Anruin »

Hi guys. My name is Anry and I'm posting this message on behalf of Andoran project team. First of all I'm sorry that I wasn't able to find suitable topic for this post. Main goal of it is to reach SHotN project leaders.

I want to inform you that we used some of your assets in our project. We apologize that we didn't ask permission to use them in advance, so we want to correct that and asking permissions now. As far as I know guys used some models of houses with hay. Thanks.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Hi Anruin,
can you, by chance, link us to a picture, where we can get an idea of the usage of our assets?

Thankyou for notifying us on the usage. It is not self-evident and we appreciate it. But it would be nice, if we had a chance to see where and for what our assets were used, before we give our ok on their usage.

Thanks. :)

Anruin
Forumite

Post by Anruin »

Hi there. Here are screenshots with your assets used.

As return we can't provide very much, because mainly we're using proprietary licensed models purchased for Andoran, but we have pack of not-so-high-poly models, those can be used on the Morrowind engine for example.
Currently guys combining them into a pack.
Thanks.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Thankyou very much, Anruin.

First off, the bad news:
I can only grant you permission for the usage of assets on a case-by-case basis. The assets within Skyrim Data were created by various people that wish to give their explicit permission, before the asset can be taken into use. Some of these people are no more present these days and I would have to contact them first. All in all that means, I cannot give you free pass to our full range of assets just like that. I'm sorry for that.

The permission question is also tough one, because many of our assets consist of creations by various people. The log cabins are modified versions of a log cabin resource by Dongle. The modifications and additions (the roof trusses, the verandas and the little storage hut) are by me, but most of the textures are by Lestat De Lioncourt. Dongle provided his log cabins as an openly available modder resouce that you can use and modify freely without credit as long as you only do within the TES series. I don't mind giving you permission to use my additions and modifications. I will only have to contact Lestat De Lioncourt on the textures first. You could circumvent that, however, by applying your own textures to them.

I can give you permission for all meshes seen on your screenshots, because these are all of my making. I'll list them below.
- The palisade set, including gates, towers and stairs. But you will still need permission by Lestat DeLioncourt for the textures, unless you take your own textures into use.
- The stables. Permission for the textures again needs to be granted by Lestat DeLioncourt, unless you take your own textures into use.
- All the modifications and additions to Dongles log cabins (the original modder resource is here), again minus the textures. Once again, you could circumvent that by using own textures.

- The Reachmen houses (the thatch-roofed ones), including respective doors, windows and other objects given the same prefix (reachmen) in our data files. No additional permission needed for the textures.

If you have taken any of our other assets into use, please make it known, because I need to see, to what degree permission can be granted on them. I'm sorry that this is so complicated.

By the way: I really like that snowy nord town.

Anruin
Forumite

Post by Anruin »

Hi, thank you very much for your answer.
We didn't use other assets than those on the screenshots.
About those on screenshots as I understand we can use them, right?

Here is pack of meshes I mentioned before. We use them in some towns on Andoran (screenshots from Oblivion version):
I hope that they will be useful.
https://yadi.sk/d/wpAWJdW9faPfY

By the way, do you have interiors for those houses made of hay?
If so, can we also some how get them and permission to use them?

Thanks.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

About those on screenshots as I understand we can use them, right?
Yes.

But you need to exchange the textures on all of them except the thatched roof huts. That is because most textures are not by me and I cannot give permission for the usage of the textures just like that.
The source photos for some of those textures are found relatively easily on cgtextures.com. That means, if you want to retain that look, you should be able to do so relatively easily:

the stripped bark texture seen on the logs, is taken from here, for example:
http://cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=49 ... pmnemr3ha0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You could save the other textures as jpg-files and pull them into google search to figure out where they were taken from, originally.

I love those resources, you uploaded. Would it be possible for Province:Cyrodiil to use them aswell?

Edit:
By the way, do you have interiors for those houses made of hay?
Yes, but the uv-mapping is a bit messy on some parts. Decide yourself, if they are good enough for you:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/223 ... _shells.7z" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anruin
Forumite

Post by Anruin »

Hi.
I understood the issue with the textures, we'll apply other textures.
We've already replaced hay textures on those huts, so we'll do same with others.

We'll count it as honor if those assets will be used in SHotN and in Province:Cyrodiil.
By the way, here is another pack of assets those could be useful.

https://yadi.sk/d/TF7ZZFxDfaTAE

Thanks a lot for the assets and permissions, and another thanks for interiors.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

And thankyou for all those assets that probably match or even outnumber the assets transferred from us into your project. Those houses could give us a good head start on an own Haafingar house set.

Faldrin Severin
Forumite

Post by Faldrin Severin »

Hey, guys. Sorry for posting this as a reply, but for some reason the option to add a new topic isn't showing for me.

Anyway, I'm working on a mod that adds more towns (Mostly Nordic) to Solstheim, and I was hoping that I could use a few of your models. And, if possible, I'd also like to retexture them to vanilla textures, if it's alright with you.

The models I'd like to use are the "sky_ex_nord_h_v_" ones. I know there are quite a lot of them, but I doubt I'll use them all, probably only 5-10 at most. Having the interiors (sky_in_nord_h_v_) to go along with them would also be nice.

Thanks for your time.

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Faldrin Severin wrote:Hey, guys. Sorry for posting this as a reply, but for some reason the option to add a new topic isn't showing for me.

Anyway, I'm working on a mod that adds more towns (Mostly Nordic) to Solstheim, and I was hoping that I could use a few of your models. And, if possible, I'd also like to retexture them to vanilla textures, if it's alright with you.

The models I'd like to use are the "sky_ex_nord_h_v_" ones. I know there are quite a lot of them, but I doubt I'll use them all, probably only 5-10 at most. Having the interiors (sky_in_nord_h_v_) to go along with them would also be nice.

Thanks for your time.
Hi Faldrin Severin,
for the individual models we cannot grant you permission, unfortunately. The person who made the houses is not with the project anymore and he didn't give a free pass for using his assets to people outside of the project.

However, if you add the data files of either SHOTN or TR as dependency to your project and use them unmodified, it will be in a grey area where it might not be a problem. The data files contained in our last release are very outdated, so its probably better to refer to TR_Data for them. The TR_Data-versions have some of their textures exchanged for vanilla, too. Interior shells are included aswell.

Faldrin Severin
Forumite

Ah, I see. Think I might use some from TR then.

One last thing, are there any other building/house models that I can get permission for? Preferably in a Nordic style, if possible? I've played with SHotN quite a lot, and I think that a lot of it's assets could look quite good placed around Solstheim :)
Thanks

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Faldrin Severin wrote:Ah, I see. Think I might use some from TR then.

One last thing, are there any other building/house models that I can get permission for? Preferably in a Nordic style, if possible? I've played with SHotN quite a lot, and I think that a lot of it's assets could look quite good placed around Solstheim :)
Thanks
The barbarian tusk-huts are ok to use. They are a bit older and have some minor quality issues, but they have got both interior and exterior parts and they are 100% by me. They use some kind of pelt-entrance as door.

Faldrin Severin
Forumite

Those look great, though I would like to change the textures to vanilla one, if it's alright with you of course. I might even use them in another mod some time. Thank you very much!

worsas
Project Administrator

Post by worsas »

Faldrin Severin wrote:Those look great, though I would like to change the textures to vanilla one, if it's alright with you of course. I might even use them in another mod some time. Thank you very much!
Sure, feel free to switch textures to your liking.

Return to “SHotN General Discussion”