Direction after Karthwasten

General project talk
roerich
Cruel Warlord

Direction after Karthwasten

Post by roerich »

So Markarth proper is mostly finished, still needs cluttering, some detailing etc. It also needs work on the surrounding terrain, but I'm not the best at that. We are still missing interior shells for the buildings though, so I wonder if we should put Markarth on hold for now and focus on Dragonstar. I've done a bit of work with Yeti's map concept in mind, though I'm not sure if I want to finish the city myself. Perhaps we could split it up. The terrain surrounding the city is mostly completed, so it will be natural progression from Karthwasten, and we'll be able to restart the interior department once again.

Bonus pics: makeshift arena
[hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/726 ... astuff.png[/hsimg] [hsimg=]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/726 ... thsand.png[/hsimg]
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Renfrow
Forumite

Post by Renfrow »

I really like the arena. The arena in Oblivion was one my favorite parts of the game, and having an arena or two in Morrowind is a very exciting concept for me.

Yeti
Lead Dev

Post by Yeti »

I'd say Dragonstar is definitely our natural next step after Karthwasten. Having Markarth's exterior completed was more of a pleasant surprise than a shift in our overall focus.

Nice arena, roeirch. As far as its purpose, I envisioned it with warrior training in mind, rather than gladiatorial combat. Either way, you design is great.

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

OK, we're agreeing then. I will make a city claim thread soon. Glad you like the arena.
"I don't know if you are kidding but I 100% support a Big Mouth Billy Bass in PC"
- Taniquetil

Renfrow
Forumite

Post by Renfrow »

Even if it isn't for gladiator style combat, I like the way it looks, and PC will have at least two arena's, so that should fill my desire for arena combat.

Tes96
PT Modder

Post by Tes96 »

Is that really supposed to be an arena? It looks more like a small fort for military training.
"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."

roerich
Cruel Warlord

Post by roerich »

Yes. It will serve as both.
- Taniquetil

Return to “SHotN General Discussion”